Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fight at Night in GP


Grand Prairie played host to Oscar Da La Hoya's promotional " Golden Boy " productions . The fight night in Grand Prairie made history as the first organized professional fight in the city . Parking spaces were at a premium and cheers were at a maxium . I cheered the exploits of Jesse Lara from Dallas , and the 2004 Olympian Rock Allen from Philly , and many others .As a long time fight fan and student of the game , I was impressed by the fantastic crowd that cheered the warriors as they entered in the ring . This will not be the last time Oscar or anyone else will put on a fight in the metroplex . When they do the perfect venue is Grand Prairie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed! I attended the fight and had an awesome evening. The fights were fantastic and the venue was perfect. I brought 3 friends with me and they were all entertained and thanked me many times for inviting them. Cant wait to do it again.

Cole
Austin Insurance

Anonymous said...

I hate I missed them! I really didn't hear anything on it.